STAT 30x Course Description
Introduction to concepts of random sampling and statistical inference;
estimation and testing hypotheses of means and variances, analysis of
variance, regression analysis; chi-square tests.
- STAT 301 is intended for students in animal sciences.
- STAT 302 is intended for students in biological sciences or
agriculture, except agricultural economics.
- STAT 303 is intended for students in social sciences.
Prerequisites for STAT 30X are MATH 141 or 166 or equivalent.
The required texts for the course are:
Both of these books are available online.
- The Practice of Statistics in the Life Sciences, by
Baldi and Moore (W. H. Freeman) for Stat302
- Introduction to the Practice of Statistics, 6th Ed, by
Moore and McCabe (W. H. Freeman) for Stat301 and 303